Road Geometry / Curve Audit System
Conduct Road audits in 1-Pass
- Tablet with V-Sense Director App (used as interface to the V-Sense test module)
- Profile X1 Analysis Software
- Internal 10Hz Precision GPS
- Exclusive Road Geometry and Superelevation Firmware
- Heavy duty mounting system
- Power supply (120/240V)
- 12V auto charger
- Hard shell carrying case
The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) completed a study regarding Roadway Departure Safety. The study found that more than 50% of all fatalities occurred due to roadway departure. The report also shows that rural areas, curves, and posted speeds above 45-50 MPH are of high risk. In support of the safer roads initiative, the Vericom V-Sense RG – Road Geometry / Curve Advisory – allows you to monitor sign posting locations, lateral G limits, Superelevation, curve radius, vehicle yaw, GPS, side friction, road roughness, and more. With the Vericom V-Sense RG, you can now conduct road testing and road audits in 1-pass with 1-person. The V-Sense RG is designed with unique firmware to measure road roughness, road friction, superelevation, radius and more. With the Profile X1 analysis software, analysis of speed vs road geometry provides the tools a road engineer needs to reduce traffic congestion and improve road safety.
- Built in 10Hz GPS.
- Tri axis 2G to 16G accelerometers with configurable sample rate up to 1000Hz
- 3-axis angular rate gyro for measuring yaw, roll, and pitch – differentiate vehicle motion and acceleration rates.
- The Vericom V-Sense RG™ includes Vericom's all new Profile Xl1© Professional Analysis Software.
- Analyze and compare test data with easy to use graphs, and tables. Export data directly to MS Excel to create your own customized reports and save multiple analysis files based on the same initial data set.
- Use the event marker to identify posted signs for curve advisory or speed advisory.
- Simple user friendly calibration check.
- System also includes a Samsung tablet as the portable test setup interface.
- Extremely simple mounting system.