Traffic Crash Investigation
We are pleased to offer your department a two day training class on Acceleration, Drag Factor, Friction and detailed use / application of the Vericom instrument for traffic crash investigation. A certificate will be issued to everyone who completes the training. This class is ACTAR approved for 12 CEUs.
Objective: Ensure each attendee can perform a proper skid test to measure Drag Factor in accordance with SAE Standard J2505 “Measurement of Vehicle-Roadway Friction Drag” revised and published in August, 2010.
To teach the most modern/accurate method of measuring drag factor and to instruct each student on the multiple applications of accelerometers and Vericom instrumentation for traffic crash investigation.
Vericom has a long history training law enforcement and accident reconstruction experts on the physics of acceleration and hands-on-use of Vericom instruments for successful investigations and court room documentation. The Vericom team has provided instruction with ACTAR certification for more than 15,000 Police Officers, Inspectors, Engineers and Physicists in the use of Vericom equipment for crash investigation and Vehicle Safety Inspection.
- Basic Physics for the Reconstructionist
- Acceleration and Friction
- Vehicle Design and the Impact on Acceleration/Stopping
- Overview of Vericom VC4000 Operation
- Hands-on Acceleration and Skid Testing (12 Different Vehicle Tests to Ensure All Attendees are Comfortable Operating the VC4000)
- Review Day-1 Information
- Analyze Vehicle Skid and Acceleration Test Data
- Compare a Good Brake Test vs. Testing Errors
- Review and Analyze Acceleration and Brake Data with Vericom Profile© 5 Software
- Calibration Check Procedure and Court Presentation
12 Continuing Education Units
The 2-day class for Vericom use and application is ACTAR approved for 12 CEUs. To receive ACTAR credits send a copy of your certificate and $5.00 to ACTAR Administrator, PO Box 1493, North Platte, NE 69103-1493.
Training Information Request
Register For a Training Class
- Vericom training brochure.pdf635.79 kB